Provides support to management during the pre-tender process starting from evaluating/ assessing
tenders, assessing risk factors to arrive at bid decisions, and estimating all the required material,
equipment, and manpower needs to be able to arrive at reliable cost estimates for bidding projects
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet the tendering targets of obtaining new projects in the company by winning bids
• Study, analyze and evaluate tender documents from a technical point of view in order to
identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards and
coordinates with the Division Heads and MEP Operation Manager for the overall risk
assessment and bid decision.
• Enquire, consult and coordinates with client & consultant representatives for
specification/ technical and BOQ clarifications required for tenders and proposals and attends
pre-tender meetings (if necessary).
• Follow-up with the design/ drafting section during tender preparation for method
optimizing in order to reach cost efficiency.
• Review and finalizes project cost estimates as prepared by the Estimation Engineer in terms
of the required material as per bill of quantities (BOQ), amount of work, material/ equipment/
and manpower requirements during the tendering phase; this includes all systems, products
and services to client specifications/ requirements.
• Liaise with the Procurement department to negotiate with approved vendors / suppliers
and subcontractors for various supplies / material as per project (pre/ post tender).
• Finalizes estimation of all direct and indirect costs and consolidates tender documents for
management review and approval.
• Advises Planning Engineers on project activities as per BOQ as needed.
• Prepares and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses
(indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
• Keep liaison with Project Manager for the on-site actual execution of projects and lessons
learned to be able to prepare future competitive tenders
• Assist in achieving maximum client satisfaction in accordance with organization plans
• Maintain overall team responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related
legal/statutory, regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as
applicable best Practice Guidelines
• Liaise, support and assist the sales team, and MEP sector
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL QUALIFICATION
• Qualification: Engineering Bachelor degree
• Related Field Experience: 15+ years relevant experience
• Related Position Experience: 5 years’ experience