Job description :
To ensure effectively staff and monitor resources in order to meet and exceed internal and external service levels at all times.
• Ensure the Credit Control department is sufficiently resourced
• Monitor effectiveness of equipment and report problems to the helpdesk.
Credit Control Management
To ensure, manage and deploy risk mitigation of customer credit and the collection of outstanding debt from customers in a timely and professional manner.
• Evaluate customers credit worthiness to support the sales process
• Perform customer account reconciliation when required
• Ensure collection systems are maintained efficiently and accurately
• Sign off bad debt write offs in line with Credit Control policies
• Support other departments for swift resolution of queries
• Escalate problem collections to superiors and sales force as appropriate
• Manage the relationships with external suppliers, such as debt collection legal agencies, by monitoring and maintaining agreed service levels.
Departmental and cross-functional process improvement
To cross-functionally analyse, agree, implement and monitor credit control processes and activities in order to continuously action issues and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Create and maintain a close working relationship with sales force regarding activities that impact the collection department
• To liaise with customers and the sales force and visit customers where necessary/appropriate
• Monitoring quality, efficiency and risk to ensure controls are effectively in place and implementing corrective actions where appropriate.
• Analyse debt structure and portfolio and improve credit approach in line with the credit policies guidelines per customer segment.
• Identify and correct weaknesses in process or system efficiency
• Provide performance management reports to superiors
To lead, motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and teambuilding, in order to maximise customer satisfaction, business results and employees’ satisfaction.
• Ensure the compliance to formal recruitment procedures, with Human Resources
• Ensure effective communication and dissemination to all staff in the Credit Control team
• Through training and coaching, ensure that staff are equipped with the right skills, knowledge, competencies
• Establish a coaching mind-set and culture in the team by ensuring that regular and effective coaching is in place for all employees and supporting the Team Leaders in their coaching practices.
• Ensure that the correct processes for employee counselling and/or discipline are in place.
• Implement challenging but achievable reward and recognition schemes, in collaboration with Human Resources, which help to create highly motivated staff, and to reward excellent performance through both financial and non-financial means.
• Participate in the implementation of succession-planning frameworks
• Ensure that management are aware of the needs of employees through the effective management of employee satisfaction surveys and accompanying action plans, and through two-way through forums and suggestion schemes.
• Actively measure and analyse employee retention rates and feedback gained from exit interviews, to understand and act upon the factors affecting employee retention.
• Conduct regular individual coaching and annual Performance Reviews of the Team Leaders
• Conduct regular group review meetings with Team Leaders to assess team performance and progress against business plans.
• Promote the corporate values through active participation in the corporate initiatives.
• Comply with all Company related policies, procedures and legal requirements (HR, Health & Safety, Security, etc.)
To contribute to the effective rollout of entity Administration or cross-functional projects, through contribution of professional expertise and leadership.
• Manage internal Credit Control projects
• Ensure achievement of action points assigned.
• Ensure the involvement of those with the appropriate expertise and accountability.
Work Group Activities
To participate in or support the divisional Credit Control Work Group activities in order to establish consistent divisional Billing practices and improve performance through process and procedural changes.
• Contribute to the Credit Control Work Group activities and decision through professional expertise
• Share local best practices
• Meet the Credit Control Work Group objectives in a timely and accurate manner by completing the assigned tasks
CR and Health & Safety
• Comply with the company\'s corporate responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within X management systems and directly support line management in effectively implementing these management systems.
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
• University Graduate
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a Credit Control environment.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• English language skills
• Extensive knowledge of the Transport industry, local and international
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
• Project Management skills
• Financial skills, e.g. cost/benefits scenarios in order to make a decision
• Knowledge of local fiscal requirements
Required Behavioural Competencies
Realises performance through people
Drives for results
Drives strategic change & innovation
Engages & inspires others
Understands customers & markets
Demonstrates business ethics