Job description :
Company in Brief:
A highly experienced solar EPC with a goal to efficiently deliver medium and large scale solar energy projects in Africa and the Middle East. It was incorporated as a joint stock company with two offices: one based in Cairo and the other in Aswan.
1. Assist in the management of electrical engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities, including definition of requirements and specifications, review of engineering drawings and RFI management.
2. Optimize design to maximize ROI.
3. Provide engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of collection systems and substations.
4. Provide engineering consulting support to other areas of the organization, including O&M and Power Marketing.
5. Develop and maintain electrical specifications and requirements to define Company’s standards to contractors.
6. Oversee the electrical tests performed by Construction Team on site prior to and during the commissioning of the renewable energy facilities. Support the QA/QC team on site.
7. Provide electrical technical interface to support Procurement. Oversee the factory testing of the major electrical equipment to be installed at the renewable energy facilities.
8. Evaluate electrical equipment and material proposals; prepare bid tab evaluations for electrical equipment.
9. Site supervision of substation checkout and energization.
10. Review and comment on the scope of work on electrical contracts.
11. Assist with receiving and inspecting of the major pieces of electrical equipment.
12. Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively design.
13. Maintain a current understanding of renewable generation technology by participating in various training opportunities and reading Company’s and industry documents and publications as well as participating in other professional development activities.
14. Create the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
Note: Engineers with experience in Power plants are highly recommended