Job description :
• Participates in the formulation and implementation of the procurement department objectives to ensure the alignment with
• Develop a vision and goals for the launch of the capability, while building a culture of continuous improvement and cost optimization.
• Participates in the development of procurement department policies, and procedures and manages the implementation to ensure all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled.
• Build a disciplined process for contract evaluation, analysis and approval strongly linked to financial performance, including return on investment analysis.
• Develop an annual sourcing and procurement plan, Manages the day to day operations of procurement department providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
• Liaises with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of interactions.
• Develops and updates the procurement plans for the different regions and projects within to ensure that the purchasing of the required materials supports the overall production and operations processes.
• Researches supply markets and assess suppliers to ensure the availability of the materials required continuously with the optimum cost and quality.
• Analyzes vendor quotations, inclusions/exclusions, and scope of technical analyses to ensure that the vendor selection processes is conducted efficiently with the best added value to the company.
• Assists the Project Manager / Director and / BU Head in the evaluation of prospective vendors in order to contribute to more adequate vendor selection processes aligned with the company procurement policies and regulations.
• Develops and maintains long-term relationships with vendors in order to ensure that their continuous provision and supply of optimum quality materials within the required price range.
• Directs and ensures smooth operation of the tender process for procurement contracts as per adopted policies and procedures.
• Participates in the conducting of bid and vendor selection in cooperation with requesting department and contracts department to ensure that the required technical documents are available, accurate and aligned with the procurement regulations.
• Build a cost optimization plan to identify and deliver savings.. Partner cross functionally with other business leaders to identify opportunity areas.
• Contributes to the preparation of the procurement unit budget and monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
• Manages the effective achievement of department objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
• Supervises the preparation of timely and accurate departmental reports of procurement to meet the company\'s and department requirements, policies and standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified
• 15 years in the construction industry with experience in engineering or estimating purchasing with a building envelope firm in construction or maintenance area Of which Min.
• 5 Years in Similar Role with a proven track record with responsibility for delivery of procurement benefits including financial savings.
• Effective stakeholder management (internal and external).
• Proficiency in supply chain management.
• Outstanding Interpersonal Negotiation Skills
• Project Management Knowledge
• Cost control and Management
• Strong Mathematical, Numerical and Logic Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills (English and Arabic)
• MS Office Application Excellent interpersonal and Interactive
communication skills English
• Listening Skills
• MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, ERP System