Job description :
- Production Manager to oversee the production supply chain within a dynamic and award-winning Design and Technology start-up. The company thrives on the development of innovative products based paint and capacitive touch technologies. We are at a critical point in our evolution and are looking for people who want to contribute to our vision and grow their role with the company.
- The Production Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing the manufacture of entire product range that includes decorative, industrial and OEM paint.
- The Production Manager will work closely with other team leaders at a management level. This role will reward the right individual with the opportunity to be involved in the building out of both the Production team and growth of the company Objective
•Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and /or sufficient related work experience;
• Strong knowledge and understanding of production and planning;
• Knowledge of ISO procedure and TQM methodology
• Self-motivated and pro-active;
• Highly effective and persuasive communication skills;
• Having ERP knowledge; Skills & qualifications
1- Production Forecasting
• Draft accurate production schedules to meet sales forecasts and maintain lean stockholding
• Work closely with the Sales and Finance teams to review and update schedules
2- Managing Production Runs
•Execute production runs and purchasing on time, manage critical deadlines with excellence
• Oversee day-to-day operations including issuing purchase orders, confirming quotes, managing production files, working within budgets, estimating costs and maintaining quality standards.
• Work well under pressure and anticipate production issues with contingency.
•Responsible for keeping plant equipment and production level as per targeted plan.
• Monitoring of Production capacity as well as the process efficiency.
• To execute Production Plan in accordance with the sales demand.
• To monitor and control the Quality Control parameters of processes. (Taking Countermeasures against in house/ Customer complaints/Defects Responsible to reduce & maintain in house defects generated from Production floor) .
3- Supply Chain Set-Up
•Liaise effectively between the Product Design team and external manufacturers to set up
4- new production runs
• Scale up production from product prototype stage to meet launch deadlines
• Apply design for manufacturer principles
•Consult on the selection of new components and raw materials, source new suppliers and onboard new products into the supply chain systems
• Understand product margins and work closely with the Sales & Marketing team to cost and price new products
•Engage in long-term planning to accommodate future growth
•Review supply chain systems to improve quality and reduce cost
•Make recommendations to the management team and be involved with strategies for growth
•Plan, analyze and implement the work schedules, monitoring of Staff, Staff Training.