Job description :
1. Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements.
2. Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications.
3. Develop construction specifications and procedures.
4. Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials.
5. Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work.
6. Conduct field services for civil works.
7. Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations.
8. Establish and monitor construction work schedules.
9. Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations.
10. Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up
11. Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports.
12. Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work.
13. Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects.
14. Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
15. Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects. At least
10 years direct engineering experience or 10 years equivalent experience in electrical design/construction industry.
16. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
17. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and Revit will be assist.
18. Affiliation to recognized different boards and Gulf working experiences will be considered.
19. Travel as necessary to perform position description duties, based on project work load.