Job description :
1. Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of
mechanisms, components and systems.
2. Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates,
reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
3. Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment.
4. Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures.
5. Ability and willingness to perform in both a Technical Design and Application
6. Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities.
7. Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews.
8. Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
9. Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance.
10. Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
11. Travel as necessary to perform position description duties, based on project work load.
12. At least 10 years direct engineering experience or 10 years equivalent experience in electrical design/construction industry.
13. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
14. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD.