Job description :
1. Oversee and prepare designs and work plans, from conceptual design through detailed
2. Primary focus is on the electrical engineering aspect; however, expect involvement in
other aspects of the design process.
3. Electrical design tasks may include heater calculations, electrical load calculations,
short-circuit and overcurrent protection calculations, transformer and wire sizing, etc.
4. Other typical design aspects may include preparation of well field layout, mechanical
equipment and piping layout, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
5. Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare requests for bids for
subcontractors and material vendors.
6. Prepare construction and equipment specifications, including means and methods.
7. Compare bids and recommend the selection of subcontractors and material vendors.
8. Perform the function of field engineer, assistant project manager or assistant
construction manager (as required), including hands on field work and/or field
engineering, supervision of subcontractors, review of daily work production reports,
schedule and budget.
9. Inspect work of company staff and subcontractors. Communicate issues with project
manager or construction manager and client as directed by the project manager.
10. Manage tasks as required to ensure work is completed on time and on budget, with a
high degree of internal and external client satisfaction.
11. Communicate project/task status and issues with project manager, client and/or
12. Project management work may include coordination and management of material
vendors, subcontractors, and company staff. Task/project management role may grow
over time in accordance with company needs.
13. Provide direct supervision of staff electrical/controls engineers, technicians, and
14. As Electrical/Control Discipline Leader, develop and implement corporate and
project-level QA/QC procedures for the Electrical/Control practice area.
15. Ensure all designs and installations are consistent with applicable codes, regulations,
16. Demonstrated hands on experience with electro-mechanical and process equipment
fabrication, integration, operation and trouble shooting. Ability to work with electrical
meters, hand & power tools, and operate of fork lifts (with company-provided
17. Always look for new and better ways to streamline the cost and performance of thermal
remediation projects, capture information, and make overall improvements as learning
18. As directed, develop new methods/equipment in accordance with approved budget and
19. Travel as necessary to perform position description duties, based on project work load.
20. At least 10 years direct engineering experience or 10 years equivalent experience in
electrical design/construction industry.
21. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
22. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD