Job description :
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
• Bachelor\\\'s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or closely related field and ten years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting or Finance OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Relevant experience of supervising people.
• Relevant experience of using an accounting software package to process and report transactions.
• Ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally, with excellent written and spoken English.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication.