Job description :
Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
– Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
– Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
– Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
– Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
– Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
– Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
– Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
– Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
– 1-3 years of experience in technology related roles
– Experience in a product engineering, service provider environment, or consultative role related to private cloud or converged infrastructure projects
– Deep knowledge of one or more of the following: data center architectures, cloud computing technologies, converged infrastructure consolidation, networking, security, and service orchestration
– Strong hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies. A broad spectrum of experience is highly desired, as is a deep specialization in one or more:
o EMC VNX and VMAX storage technologies
EMCSA Certified (Should be passed E10-001, E20-517, and E20-814 Exams),
EMCIE Certified) (Should be passed E10-001, E20-335, and E20-818 Exams)
o Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers (Optional)
o Cisco MDS switches
o Brocade SAN Switches
o Ethernet, Fiber Channel, and NFS/CIFS networking experience
o Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 5.x and/or Cisco networking (Optional).
o Strong experience with competitive converged infrastructure stacks can replace some of the requirements above
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
– Familiarity with ITIL is mandatory.
– Ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels, with strong customer service skills.
– Possess multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure
– Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
– Fluency in spoken and written English.
– A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Education Institute in one of the following disciplines (Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science).