Job description :
Key Activities / Accountabilities
• Introduce and maintain the necessary policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective management and control of regional clearance operations, so as to continuously improve standards. This will involve communicating, enforcing the procedures and ensuring compliance with local legislative requirements.
• Ensure quality training and support is provided to ensure all staff are able to identify potential dangers to the core customs clearance operation and will refer directly to Global Customs.
• To ensure regional compliance to relevant laws and regulations.
• To ensure data compliance to support the customs pre-arrival processing
• Support the Global Customs operational and development strategies through effective and efficient communication of real and potential issues relating to systems development and clearance procedures proposed and/or dictated by national administrations.
• Contribute to efficient clearance operations through the identification and prioritization of improvement areas and the optimization of processes and systems.
• Support and implement Customs Security Program
• Manage the company custom integrity policy in conjunction with CSR directorship
• Manage Global Customs Regulatory Affairs Strategy to ensure achievement of optimum level of customs simplified procedures for the fastest and most reliable clearance of import and export shipments throughout the region.
• Create regional and national structure for representation of the company international customs interests .
• Monitor impact on the company operation of proposed regulation changes and participate in negotiation of alternative solutions to protect the service criteria.
• Identify key opportunities for reliable and cost effective enhancements through the provision of early warning of potential legal changes directly affecting the clearance service provision.
• Implement the company’s clearance strategy externally and internally to ensure the company’s views are represented at customs .
To contribute to customer satisfaction, both internal and external, by participating in the implementation of initiatives that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
Comply with the company\'s corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within the company management systems
Customer Experience .