Job description :
• Perform regular Internal Control Reviews of all operating unit within the country and Head office, verifying compliance/effectiveness of all operating systems.
• Identify control gaps/risks in processes and make recommendations to bridge such gaps through review reports.
• Ensure implementation of corrective and preventive action and do follow up reviews
• Implementation and monitoring of ‘ICFR Framework (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) (Sarbanes Oxley Act implementation project) as rolled out by the group.
• Check and report on the compliance of the operating units with all Policies, Procedures and Standards set by the Group, region and ones locally issued.
• Review all locally issued Policies, Procedures and standards are in line with the ones issued by the Group / Region
• Assist Financial Controller in carrying out any project for top management, as and when required.
• Coordinate with the Financial Controller for Completing the Letter of Representation
• Review the operating results in order to judge whether financial indicators are consistent and in conjunction with the underlying results.
• Timely implementation of Projects handled
• Periodic Internal control reviews and follow up reports showing corrective improvements.
• Business Performance and process improvements
• Corporate audit results
• Minimum defects in ICFR Control Assessment results
Essential Qualifications & Experience
• Chartered accountant or equivalent qualification
• 2 to 4 years Post Qualification Experience, of which it is desirable that at least 1 year should be in industry. Should have carried out internal audits independently.
Experience giving advantage
• Work experience in a Multi-National Company.
Necessary technical/functional skills
• PC literate with good standard for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, Lotus Notes and Internet
• Fluency in English (verbal & written)
• Demonstrate an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the Finance, Accounting and business in general
Required Behavioural Competencies
• Focused & results orientated, coupled with good Planning, Organizing & report writing Skills.
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving & Innovative thinking with decision making ability
• Customer orientated
• Self starter, Proactive and ready to work independently
• Highly flexible & adaptable