Job description :
-Supplying the processing facilities with a reliable flow of high quality, food safe raw material at the least possible cost.
-Planting, growing, harvesting and delivery of the crops to support the processing facilities and the company production plan.
-Responsible for developing a sustainable grower base and to develop and monitor Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) to ensure a safe and sustainable supply of raw material.
-Monitor competitive crop costs.
-Field research across the country on agricultural activities of various raw material crops and other crops with respect to various parameters such as land under cultivation, yields, seasonality trends, planting to harvest cycles, agricultural costs, farm gate prices and traded prices, future forecast estimations, etc.
- Coordinate closely with the Technical Manager and Equipment Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop competitive crop cost models and recommends crop pricing plans.
- Identifying and recommending new growers and fields for planting.
- Schedule and distribute the planting seed as required for the planting activity.
- Prepare planting summary, area maps and field maps.
- Prepare and distribute weekly crop progress, yield forecasts, and production reports.
- Monitor all crop culture activities including weed control, fertilization, irrigation, pest and disease management and per the internally agreed crop manual
- Coordinate the daily harvest and raw material delivery activities
- Coordinate with the Equipment Engineer for receiving of agriculture equipment, successful installation and commissioning, proper operation and maintenance and safe storage.
- Coordinate the safety program for the area to meet the established safety objectives.
- Any other related tasks assigned from time to time by superiors / management.
-Train, guide, supervise and manage a good performance of the Field man for each geographical growing area
- Daily verbal communication with the General Manager, Technical Manager, Equipment Engineer, Factory Managers & Quality Managers to review quality and delivery schedule.
- Daily verbal and written communication with superiors to update crop planning, crop yield forecasting, and quality projections.
- Daily supervision of the agronomists in each geographical area
- Regular verbal communication with the Finance Manager about grower contracts and crop payments.
- Daily verbal communication