Job description :
THROUGH: Chairman, Surgical Department
1) Ensure implementation of the Ministry of Health regulations, the Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and the Emergency Room Department Policy and Guidelines.
2) Complete clinical notes of surgical cases.
3) Regular ward rounds on surgical patients and assist treating physicians during ward rounds.
4) Answers to any surgical problem arising in the ward.
5) Surgical Registrar must be in contact (written or verbal) to visiting surgeons and arrange if needed the admission and preparation of their patients for operation.
6) Document patients’ progress on Progress Note Sheet.
7) Assist in surgical procedures performed in OR by both in-house and visiting surgeons.
8) To attend casualty cases and should be able to give emergency treatment, be able to do necessary admission procedures and to refer difficult cases to consultants in the clinic. All admission must be done with the consultant’s approval.
9) Completes discharge files and statistics.
10) To write medical reports in consultation with the treating consultant.
11) Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care needs.
12) Initiates continuous quality improvement programs for populations served.
13) Shares the on call schedule in the department of surgery as required.
14) Ensures continuity of care for patients while on call.
15) Ensure safety of patients and staff.
16) Responsible for maintaining a working environment that promotes high standards for patient care, customer service, and ethical behavior.
17) Participates regularly with other surgical staff, in decision-making related to patient care.
18) Attends regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery.
19) Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Department Chairman through the Medical Director.
Skills required :
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree.
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years experience with minimum 1 years post in Master’s degree.
Required Course(s)/Training: BLS trained preferred.
Required Certification : Valid License and registration.
Occasional prolonged standing/walking, occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.